5 Tips To Clean Your Gold Jewelry at homeGold Jewelry
Jewelry is a gift you can keep giving to yourself. But like anything else, it needs to be cared for properly so that it will last.
Jewelry is a gift you can keep giving to yourself. But like anything else, it needs to be cared for properly so that it will last.so keeping your jewelry looking great can be a challenge. However, if you don’t take care of your jewelry properly, it won’t last as long.
How to Clean Gold Jewelry?
Let’s review how to clean gold jewelry Without any commercial products at home in-between visits to your jeweler. Following these simple steps:
- Adding a bit of Dawn dish detergent in a bowl of warm, not hot, water mix gently, for even better results, you can use sodium-free seltzer water or club soda instead of ordinary tap water.
- Avoid using boiling water, especially for Gold Jewelry with Colored Gemstones as it could crack if subjected to rapid temperature changes.
- Soak the gold jewelry into warm soapy water for about 10-15 minutes. As it soaks, warm soapy water will Scrub the hard-to-reach dirt away
- Gently scrub the jewelry with a new, baby-size soft toothbrush. Scrub each piece of jewelry individually by using a very soft bristles brush not a stiff one to avoid scratching the surface of your jewelry.
- Rinse the jewelry in lukewarm water. Be sure to rinse your jewelry well for removing the lingering dirt that's been loosened by the action of your brush.
- Avoid rinsing your jewelry in a sink with an open plug or cover to don't accidentally lose your jewelry if it slips out of your hands. Alternatively, you could use a pasta strainer or metal coffee filter when rinsing.
- Blot dry carefully with a soft paper towel or regular cloth. Let your jewelry completely dry on a towel to air before wearing it again. Because the wet jewelry traps moisture against your skin, leading to minor skin irritation.
Remember: Gold considers from soft metal. Be careful while Brushing and drying process
Here are 6 quick tips for caring your jewelry.
CHECK YOUR JEWELLERY
The gold and stones surface gets tarnished over time due to exposure to air, also the dust and dirt can easily get accumulated between the diamonds and other stones, which can reduce their shine. This is why it is necessary for you to clean them after every 6 to 12 months in order to prevent any damage or harm.
Stay Away from Light and Heat
Avoid storing your jewelry in direct sunlight for long periods of time or near heat sources such as fireplaces or radiators has a negative effect on your jewelry. That’s why you should always store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Even daily chemicals such as perfume, cosmetics and hairspray can damage gold, silver and platinum metal. Make sure to take your jewelry off before going in the pool or when using cleaning products. It is also advisable to never ever clean rings with bleach! or apply perfume on areas with jewelry.
A polishing Microfiber Cloth Can Do Wonders
Microfiber cloths are soft and safe to use on your jewelry. It’s Just like the one you use to clean your sunglasses; you can only quickly apply a little pressure while you rub the jewelry back and forth with it to get their gleam back.
An Ultrasonic Cleaner Can Do Wonders – But with Caution
Ultrasonic cleaners are also a great option for cleaning your jewelry that has been exposed to water, but exercise this option with caution. Always read the directions on your ultrasonic cleaner before using it for jewelry. It uses sound waves to clean the jewelry like (diamond rings, necklaces and hard metals). Also, it eliminating dirt and grime.
The Best Way To Store Your Jewelry
Having Gold Rings, Gold Necklace, or even Gold Earrings? However, storing your jewelry properly is the key to keeping it in good condition for years. It’s best to store your jewelry in a box-like it's original packaging when you aren’t wearing it. Also, avoid storing them in places where they can get damaged or scratched, like on top of your dresser, television, or inside the drawers.
Finally, we hope these tips help you take better care of your jewelry! We know how important and valuable your collection is to you. Using these tips will help your jewels last longer!